Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default A rhetorical question

On 17 Sep 2008 02:13:18 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN.
Nichols" quickly quoth:

On 2008-09-17, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On 16 Sep 2008 22:52:42 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN.
Nichols" quickly quoth:

[ ... ]

Speaking of Troy Built, does anyone know where to find one of
their sickle-bar walk-behind mowers near the Northern VA area? They
seem to have discontinued it -- considered it to be dangerous for some
funny reason -- and it seems to be the right thing for dealing with my
irregular terrain when the town gets nasty about mowing. :-)

Look at the DR mower, DoN. They're very nice. You can buy a
self-propelled model but it's just as hard to work as the human
propelled model due to its smaller wheels.

I had not heard of DR before, and was not sure whether it was a
model or a brand, but Google took me right to their site.

They look nice (the field and brush mowers), until I get to the
price. $1,299.00 on sale for the smallest manual start model. What was
the price for the Troy-Bilt sickle bar mower?

Wow, they were $974 when my neighbor replaced his (stolen by his
worker) 3 years ago. They've definitely gone up. Crapsman puts one
out at under $300, but ya pays yer munny and ya takes yer chances with
them.

DR's snow blower attachment looks nice too. Perhaps next year I
can afford it all.

Check out their powerwagon, too. I'd love to have one of those for
some wheelbarrow jobs. http://tinyurl.com/5m696y Max 4.7mph.
http://www.bestchoice247.com/motoriz...ShoppingDotCom
The price for these things is assinine, though.

Hmm ... perhaps you meant the trimmer/mower? That is a bit more
affordable.

Oh, yeah, string trimmer on steroids. Look at the 8.25 Commercial.

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.