Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Terry Fields wrote:
ARWadworth wrote:

So all in all, Action CO2 calculator is a pile of crap IMHO.

...and so is the CO2/'global warming' myth.

Since Al Gore's famous graph of CO2/temperature over the millennia was
shown to be flawed - in that the CO2 levels *lagged* climate change -
the heat has gone out of that debate, and focussed on sunspot activity
instead.

I've never heard a sensible explanation from the wholewheat dungaree tree
huggers as to (1) why we have always had 'freak weather' e.g. Thames
freezing over several times in the past

I think that is correlated with several things: firstly a altogether
slower thames due to muck and structures in it, and secondly some hard
winters due to possibly a volcanic eruption somewhere.. and thirdly, a
generally colder and pre-industrial climate.

and (2) what happened to the hole in
the ozone layer, which meant we were all doomed?

We found that we didn't need to use fluorocarbons and stopped using
them. CFCS were banned

The hole repaired itself.