Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

dennis@home wrote:
"Terry Fields" wrote in message

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Terry Fields wrote:
ARWadworth wrote:

So all in all, Action CO2 calculator is a pile of crap IMHO.

...and so is the CO2/'global warming' myth.

Since Al Gore's famous graph of CO2/temperature over the millennia
was shown to be flawed - in that the CO2 levels *lagged* climate
change - the heat has gone out of that debate, and focussed on
sunspot activity instead.

I've never heard a sensible explanation from the wholewheat
dungaree tree huggers as to (1) why we have always had 'freak
weather' e.g. Thames freezing over several times in the past and
(2) what happened to the hole in
the ozone layer, which meant we were all doomed?

Good questions....but I doubt you'll get an answer....

I will give you one and I am not a tree hugger..

1) freak weather is freak weather, it has always happened and probably
always will. It is usually because memories are poor or life spans
are too short to remember the last time the freak weather happened.
People my age remember the freak cold weather we had in the
seventies/eighties when all the models were predicting an ice age, I
would expect some OAPs at that time will have remembered the freak
hot spells in the 1920s. I also expect that the freak weather
happened previously but there wasn't a TV crew there to record it.
Weather is like crime.. grossly over reported and scares people that
don't understand statistics.
2) there never was a hole in the ozone. There was a measurable drop
in ozone concentrations. The drop has been reduced since the ban on
CFCs (although that may be a coincidence) so it isn't news. All the
hype to generate funding is currently focused on climate change, in
ten years time it will be on something else, such is the drive to get
funding.

Thank you Dennis - we seem to agree on something at last.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk