Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

"Terry Fields" wrote in message

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Terry Fields wrote:
ARWadworth wrote:

So all in all, Action CO2 calculator is a pile of crap IMHO.

...and so is the CO2/'global warming' myth.

Since Al Gore's famous graph of CO2/temperature over the millennia was
shown to be flawed - in that the CO2 levels *lagged* climate change -
the heat has gone out of that debate, and focussed on sunspot activity
instead.

I've never heard a sensible explanation from the wholewheat dungaree tree
huggers as to (1) why we have always had 'freak weather' e.g. Thames
freezing over several times in the past and (2) what happened to the hole
in
the ozone layer, which meant we were all doomed?

Good questions....but I doubt you'll get an answer....

I will give you one and I am not a tree hugger..

1) freak weather is freak weather, it has always happened and probably
always will. It is usually because memories are poor or life spans are too
short to remember the last time the freak weather happened. People my age
remember the freak cold weather we had in the seventies/eighties when all
the models were predicting an ice age, I would expect some OAPs at that
time will have remembered the freak hot spells in the 1920s. I also expect
that the freak weather happened previously but there wasn't a TV crew there
to record it. Weather is like crime.. grossly over reported and scares
people that don't understand statistics.

2) there never was a hole in the ozone. There was a measurable drop in ozone
concentrations. The drop has been reduced since the ban on CFCs (although
that may be a coincidence) so it isn't news. All the hype to generate
funding is currently focused on climate change, in ten years time it will be
on something else, such is the drive to get funding.