Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

in 146823 20080916 184255 Terry Fields wrote:

I wish I could find the reference that said the planet had cooled by
0.7 degC in the last 12 months - a rise of that magnitude would have
been trumpeted from high buildings by the supporters of CO2-led
'global warming'; instead of the current deafening silence.

There are two mechanisms in play here. We have global warming caused by
increased greenhouse effect and we also have global cooling caused by
increasing amounts of pollution in the atmosphere.
They are almost in a state of equilibrium so it is not surprising if there is
fluctuation between the two effects.
The big problem is that if we fix one we make the effects of the other worse.