Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default Cheap air pressure switch?

Idiot light OPS are good to 100psi or so; usually NC, trigger at 3psi.
VW ones also can be NO to 1.8 bar.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:29:35 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I want to sense pressure in a line that feeds part clamps and turn on a
green light and/or have a red light go out so the operator will try to
remember to clamp the parts. (don't laugh) I could use a compressor switch
for about $30 and a search finds sensors for about $80. Can I use an
automotive oil pressure idiot light switch or something like those? They
are only $5-$10. Any other ideas?

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"