Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default A rhetorical question

On 2008-09-17, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On 16 Sep 2008 22:52:42 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN.
Nichols" quickly quoth:

[ ... ]

Speaking of Troy Built, does anyone know where to find one of
their sickle-bar walk-behind mowers near the Northern VA area? They
seem to have discontinued it -- considered it to be dangerous for some
funny reason -- and it seems to be the right thing for dealing with my
irregular terrain when the town gets nasty about mowing. :-)

Look at the DR mower, DoN. They're very nice. You can buy a
self-propelled model but it's just as hard to work as the human
propelled model due to its smaller wheels.

I had not heard of DR before, and was not sure whether it was a
model or a brand, but Google took me right to their site.

They look nice (the field and brush mowers), until I get to the
price. $1,299.00 on sale for the smallest manual start model. What was
the price for the Troy-Bilt sickle bar mower?

DR's snow blower attachment looks nice too. Perhaps next year I
can afford it all.

Hmm ... perhaps you meant the trimmer/mower? That is a bit more
affordable.

No local sales offices, I see. Just web-based, or phone.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564