Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default VFD squeal

On Sep 16, 3:54*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I think I'll shop eBay for a submersible three phase pump motor. Bruce's
suggestion would have no noise at all.

*You need the volute and prop to fit BEFORE you buy the motor, so you
know which motor you need - unless you want to mill it from scratch.

*And it's probably still going to be 1/2 HP just a different (and
much quieter) form factor.

I guess I'm lucky. I know a machinist that can make ANYTHING adapt. I
cruised eBay today, not a single offer. I may have to look for this motor as
a repair part.

karl

Exactly what rpm range are you looking for in the prop? Are you
serious about the submersible motor? Will your situation allow a "V"
belt drive?

Paul