Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cordless drill - which one to buy??

remuddler wrote in news:18d586e4-f477-4904-8e78-
:

I looked in the archives and could not find this topic discussed any
later than 2003 so I thought I would see what recommendations people
might have now in 2008.

I have a Skil cordless drill. I like the weight and balance of the
tool, it does the jobs I want it for, the batteries have lasted for
years and years, but I HATE the chuck and it is getting worse by the
week.

*snip*

Stay away from new Skil cordless drills. I picked up one a few years ago
and the battery is already shot. Now when I need a drill/driver, I go
for a Dewalt corded model. Lots of power and the outlet is usually
nearby.

I've been seriously looking at the Makitas as a replacement. I really
like the weight balance, and I know they're professional quality. Just
waiting for the right time to buy. (I should have jumped when they had
that combo pack for $100 off...)

Puckdropper