Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default pump design help

Karl Townsend wrote:
2.0 amp, and 2.2 amp with a clamp A-meter.

Its a 1725 RPM motor with 2.2 reduction to the prop, so the prop turns about
800. Its a NOISY operation. The prop cavitates and pulls air even with all
the deflectors I can install to stop the vortex. (I've only lived with it
since 1988)

If you need 1/2 Hp delivered to the prop, then you need a 1 Hp rated
motor at 30 Hz to deliver 1/2 Hp. Below rated speed, all induction
motors are constant torque. Above rated speed you get constant HP
output. So, running a 1/2 HP motor at 30 Hz, it will pull rated current
at only 1/4 Hp, and long operation at 1/2 Hp load will smoke it.

Jon