Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default have you tested your central heating system yet

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:57:24 -0700, matthew.larkin wrote:

On 16 Sep, 07:46, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
geoff wrote:
If not, now would be a good time to turn it on and check that boiler,
pump, TRVs etc are all working properly before you discover that they
don't

IYSWIM

Thanks auntie Geoff.

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Sound advice.

After a winter with intermittent problems followed by a blown PCB, we
tried to fire up the Potterton Combi 100 for the CH after the summer
layoff and it keeps on locking out. It fires up, sounds like its
boiling a bit and then switches off. Then tries again and locks out.

We're giving up on this one now, its caused no end of grief since we
moved into the house 3.5 years ago, so we've decided to get a new boiler
instead (WB 30CDi Greenstar). Particularly as we have a new baby
arriving in a matter of days, and the thought of prolonged cold periods
with no heating isn't particularly appealing.

Matt

Is this one advantage of a combi? We've had the CH side of it switched
off for months but at least the rest of it has been going strong.

OTOH presumably if the 3 way valve I assume it has inside sticks it isn't
going to be a local plumbers merchant job to fit my own spare...