Posted to alt.home.repair
JJ[_8_] JJ[_8_] is offline

Default Crooked garage door

Do you have separate springs on each slide of the door right over the
opening? *That is a torsion bar type of lifter and is for the pros.

I'm pretty sure I have torsion springs - mounted above the door (one
on either side of the center), parallel to the ground.

I'm not particularly timid in general - but I've had a big spring in a
heavy drafting table nearly take some fingers off once (those were not
torsion style springs).

If there is a simple way to adjust the tension on those types of
springs - say a bolt to tighten or loosen? I could easily do that.

Thanks.

-JJ