Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Water heater tank life

On Sep 15, 10:39*pm, " wrote:
I have tankless point of use water heaters. I am wondering how long
they last.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

Like my gas tankless the coils are known to last 30 years, its just
finned copper pipe, there is no reason for them not to last as long as
home copper piping.

modern tankless with no pilot light, have complex flame sensors
igniters, and monitors.

once a part fails, if its no longer available you are stuck, plus the
heat exchangers can clog from sediment.

do not assume a tankless is forever, after all how many newer products
really last?

Modern condensing tanks have more complex parts, so does much other
heating and cooling equipment, my AO smith has 2 fans, 3 vacume
valves, and large circute board, am I worried I wont be able to repair
my 2000$ water heater tank, no. These companies will maintain
replacement parts just as your furnace, Boiler or AC unit. Hallerb you
always do whatever you can to put down Tankless, since you dont have
one, go buy one and save up to 30 % in gas off your new unefficent
"efficent" unit.