Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Shower hi-hat light install problem

I am updating my bathroom and I would like to put a hi-hat can in my
shower.
The problem is that there is a 2X4 joist running in the middle of
where I want to put the hi-hat in the center. Here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock...rLightInstall#

If I cut a 6" hole for my hi-hat, I would have to cut the 2X4 also
and I have to try and find a way to brace each side. There is no room
to work in that area or put a drill in.
I was thinking what if I got a couple of 2X4's and used Liquid nails
and put one on either side of where the light has to go. Just rest it
on top of the frame. It would be adhered to the side 2X4's and it
would adhere to the middle 2X4 and it would be sufficient. Any inputs.
Thanks.