Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Printer head cleaning question

Andy Cuffe wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:42:11 -0500, jakdedert
wrote:

Do color toner carts expire? My ink carts (Brother brand) did--probably
why I couldn't sell them--and I assume that most other brands have an
expiration date as well.

jak

Color laser cartridges seem to last just about forever in storage,
just like B/W toner. Although they are expensive, they are still
cheaper than inkjet per page. I've also had good luck refilling color
laser cartridges, unlike inkjet. I highly recommend OKIdata's color
LED printers. They have fewer moving parts than a color laser, but
the printing technology is similar.
Andy Cuffe

That's good to know. It wasn't always such. I remember the first color
copiers had toner shelf-life problems. My first laser was an Okidata.
It didn't turn out to be so reliable, and the consumables were
astronomically high; but that was fifteen years ago.

jak