Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
turnerbob turnerbob is offline

Default large bowl blanks

On Sep 13, 11:38*pm, "Marty G" wrote:
Ok the Wife SWMBO want me to turn a large bowl for popcorn for xmas, Since
Ike missed central Texas there is no big trees down around here and even if
I could score the logs they woulnd not be dry until next year. *Does anyone
know where I can find a 12x12x12 or 14 blank of a fairly soft wood. *I am
only a soso intermediate turner and don't want to try it with purpleheart or
Narda.

TIA
Marty

Hi Marty, Why not turn a compound bowl. You can do any size you want
from a flat board.
I set up a site last year showing exactly how to do it. You can find
it here. http://segmenting.biz
I have to agree with the others that 12" deep is much too large but if
thats what she wants it can
be done with a compound bowl.
Bob
http://www.outofcontrol-woodturning.com