Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Minimum distance between ceiling register vent and bath fan?

"Mikepier" wrote in message
I am re-modeling my bathroom (4X6) and want to put in a bath fan. I
wanted to put it in the center, but there is a supply register in the
same joist bay, which means they will be right next to each other. Is
there any kind of minimum distance they should be apart? I could move
it 2 bays over if I had to.

As far away as possible. You don't want to blow conditioned air into the
room to have it sucked out immediately. Direct the supply away from the
inlet of the fan.