Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Siphoning gas out of a Chevy Lumina?

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:48:14 -0500, JohnH wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Sep 15, 5:11 pm, JohnH wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic. I have a full tank in my Lumina and need
fuel for the generator but gas is hard to get after Ike.

Does anybody know an easy way to get that gas out of the car? Nothing
too complicated please I am not much of a mechanic.

Thanks!

Well you can get a small hose, keep low, and suck till you swallow gas
and let it pour, or put a bullet through the tank and have a bunch of
pans ready.

Hey, thank you for sharing your expertise. You may have overlooked that
there is an anti-siphoning system in the car. Oh, well, that's not the
only thing you must have overlooked in life...

Here's how to use that gas to fill your generator: Drive to a gas station.