Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bill@love.ranch is offline

Default Viewsonic 17 power issue

I have a Viewsonic 17, model 1782, Chassis series 17HV2, computer
monitor - made by Matsu****a 1994.
Was working fine - cut it off, transported to office - carefully!
Turned on - power LED came on for about 1 sec then faded off.
When it goes off, there is a sound like the degaussing coil
energizing. I pulled that connection and it does the same thing.

Seems like there is a load on one of the rails causing the whole
switcher to shut down. All caps (that I can see without removing the
main PCB) look OK - no buldging. Nothing smoking, smelling, or
burning.

I have a schematic for a 17G but I can't find the power LED on it.
Some connector designations match - like the degaussing coil
connector. So it is probably not exactly a 1782.

Any experience or how to troubleshoot hints??

thanks

bill