Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default A rhetorical question

Tim Wescott wrote:

Ayup..sounds like a Boeing "Machinist" who came in to one of my
clients looking for a job as a Bridgeport machinist.

He didnt have a clue how to do anything other than the same 3-5
parts he ran for his entire carreer at Boeing.

He didnt get the job....shrug

I wonder if he came in with the attitude "I am an apprentice now"
or if he was looking for the same pay rate &c as he was getting.

When I worked at Briggs & Stratton, there were journeymen machinists
who knew how to run their machine, set it up for the several parts
they might run, and inspect those parts. Period. As it was a union
shop, they knew how to look busy while doing little. But what they did
do was done right, they knew better than to kill the goose.

David