Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Stock Market Tanks!! Thanks GOP

Jim Chandler wrote:
Hawke wrote:
The Dow Jones index dropped over 500 points today leaving the market
at it's lowest point since 2005. Lehman Brothers investment bank
declared bankruptcy. Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch and AIG is
on the verge of bankruptcy too. Wachovia or Washington Mutual banks
may be the next shoes to drop. The result of all these financial
disasters is that the country's financial markets are in turmoil and
money is being lost in massive amounts. All of this can be laid at
the feet of the deregulation of the financial markets that is at the
heart of the economic philosophy of the republican party. The Bush
administration made a decision to let the markets regulate
themselves ever since taking office. Now we see the results of no
regulation. A bear market on Wall street, a credit crisis, a real
estate crash, and now the financial markets falling apart. After all
this, some people still want to put republicans back in power come
November. John McCain doesn't know much about economics, according
to him, but he is a believer of deregulation of markets. Can the
country afford another leader that thinks "hands off" the markets is
the way to operate? Forget about Palin. Do we want more republicans
at the helm of America's economic ship? You'd have to be crazy to
let those people stay in charge of our money and financial
institutions. The answer is simple; No More Republicans.

Hawke

I think you'll find that the de-regulation started under Slick Willie
Clintdud.

You need to think a little harder then jimbo.
ERISA was before Clinton and when Ronnie allowed mortgage backed securities
he kicked of this nightmare.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com