Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Stock Market Tanks!! Thanks GOP

Hawke wrote:
The Dow Jones index dropped over 500 points today leaving the market at it's
lowest point since 2005. Lehman Brothers investment bank declared
bankruptcy. Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch and AIG is on the verge of
bankruptcy too. Wachovia or Washington Mutual banks may be the next shoes to
drop. The result of all these financial disasters is that the country's
financial markets are in turmoil and money is being lost in massive amounts.
All of this can be laid at the feet of the deregulation of the financial
markets that is at the heart of the economic philosophy of the republican
party. The Bush administration made a decision to let the markets regulate
themselves ever since taking office. Now we see the results of no
regulation. A bear market on Wall street, a credit crisis, a real estate
crash, and now the financial markets falling apart. After all this, some
people still want to put republicans back in power come November. John
McCain doesn't know much about economics, according to him, but he is a
believer of deregulation of markets. Can the country afford another leader
that thinks "hands off" the markets is the way to operate? Forget about
Palin. Do we want more republicans at the helm of America's economic ship?
You'd have to be crazy to let those people stay in charge of our money and
financial institutions. The answer is simple; No More Republicans.

Hawke

I think you'll find that the de-regulation started under Slick Willie
Clintdud.

Jim