Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1348 Ignoramus1348 is offline

Default Stock Market Tanks. Thanks GOP

I think that it is enough to blame Republicans for what they really
are, such as for being warmongers, hypocrites, anti-women,
overspending etc.

However, failure of AIG or Lehman brothers cannot be blamed on
Republicans so directly.

Some points to note:

1) Business failures are not always bad
2) Stockmarket being cheap is not always bad
3) AIG was never prevented from writing stupid insurance policies, by
any regulations. So deregulation cannot be blamed.
4) Lehman brothers was never prevented from entering into stupid
trades, and accepting too much risk, by any regulations. So
deregulations cannot be blamed.
5) The "Government Sponsored Enterprises", an abomination for the
concept of free markets, were cheered by all parties due to political
expediency.
6) The wealth of the nation is derived from future goods and services
produced, minus any debt payments that we owe. Several obvious
conclusions stem from this, such as
* We are not poorer just because some financial assets are cheaper
* We are not richer just bacsue the government "reduces taxes" but
increases deficits.
7) The events of late underscore just how terrible was the Republican
idea of investing public money, or forced investment of private money,
into securities. That would only magnify the eventual disaster tenfold.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/