Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater tank life

On Mon 15 Sep 2008 06:30:56a, ransley told us...

On Sep 15, 8:11*am, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Under same condition, only comparing tank life, which one would last
longer, natural gas one or electric one?

I have tankless point of use water heaters. I am *wondering how long
they last.

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8

Like my gas tankless the coils are known to last 30 years, its just
finned copper pipe, there is no reason for them not to last as long as
home copper piping.

But what about the burner? The products from gas combustion are slightly
corrosive and self-destructive over time, yet I'm sure they do last quite a
while.

I would think a properly designed electric unit might outlast the gas unit.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 09(IX)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day