Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave[_4_] Dave[_4_] is offline

Default Printer head cleaning question

"Jstein" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my Epson R260 inkjet printer. .jpg

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. I would really
love to get this printer up and running again. Thank you in advance.

-Jesse

Look on the web, there are many thousands of people who feel and share your
pain. Epson ink-jet printers are (or at least were) extremely prone to
clogging. Once the head is clogged, it's often not possible to get it
unclogged. Throw it out and buy another one.

I've found ink-jet printers to be expensive and frustrating. Sure, they're
giving them away with new PC's, but the cost of consumables is at least 5
times that of laser. And they clog. And they're slow. And the ink runs
when it the prints get wet. What I ended up doing is buying a color laser
printer for my day-to-day stuff, you know, prints off the web, proofs of
docs, etc. I have a print shop do my high-quality work, they are cheaper
than ink-jet prints. I bought a Brother HL-4040CN color laser and it's
worked great for a year now.