Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:01:05 +0100, Derek Geldard
wrote:

Does anybody else have the feeling that the stuff you buy in shops
actually costs approximately nothing, all you are paying for is the
cost of advertising, marketing and sales.

I first came to this conclusion years ago when I saw a pair of Chinese
copy mole grips in the £1.00 bin at the petrol station. It would cost
Ca. £10.00 for me to package and ship an item like that to the next
town

-and they had come from China.

There was a bloke on Dragons Den last week demonstrating a very nice
device that detects a bath overflow working and instantly turns both
bath taps off. The point was it was mechanical and no electric
involved. It looked a really good gadget. Unfortunately he said it
would be made in China for £5 and sold for £60.