Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default Sept 11, 2001

on 9/12/2008 9:10 PM Buddy Matlosz said the following:

"LRod" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:11:06 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Second thought, "The Empire State was hit by a B-29 and held,
hopefully this turns out as well".

Just for the record, it was a B-25 that hit the Empire State
Building--a much smaller aircraft.

Note of personal interest, the pilot had been my father's squadron
commander in England during the war.

I didn't know B25s were deployed in Europe. My dad flew in one as a
turret
gunner with the Marines in the Pacific.

They were flown in Europe in large numbers, mostly by our allies. The
RAF flew them in Europe and North Africa.
The Russians flew them in Eastern Europe.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY