Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

Derek Geldard wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:49:27 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Probably follows the manufacturers' fashion of putting things like these
(below) on boxes:

Contents may differ from picture
Colour White/Grey/Black/Blue/Red
110-120V 60Hz

Indeed, just the other day, we wished to buy a small roll of cheap
plastic bags. The box said "small plastic bags" - without any indication
of actual size. There were around half a dozen opened and/or resealed
boxes on the shelf. :-)

Does anybody else have the feeling that the stuff you buy in shops
actually costs approximately nothing, all you are paying for is the
cost of advertising, marketing and sales.

Yes. Its another form of wealth redistribution, characteristic in an
economy with an excess of cash.

I first came to this conclusion years ago when I saw a pair of Chinese
copy mole grips in the £1.00 bin at the petrol station. It would cost
Ca. £10.00 for me to package and ship an item like that to the next
town

-and they had come from China.

Screw by the kilogram in brown paper bags will come back, for sure..

Derek