Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

In article ,
Derek Geldard wrote:
Does anybody else have the feeling that the stuff you buy in shops
actually costs approximately nothing, all you are paying for is the
cost of advertising, marketing and sales.

I first came to this conclusion years ago when I saw a pair of Chinese
copy mole grips in the £1.00 bin at the petrol station. It would cost
Ca. £10.00 for me to package and ship an item like that to the next
town

Is that in Harrods gift paper and same day delivery?

UK second class post and a jiffy bag - less than a fiver.

-and they had come from China.

But likely in a container by sea. Which is extremely cheap.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.