Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:49:27 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Probably follows the manufacturers' fashion of putting things like these
(below) on boxes:

Contents may differ from picture
Colour White/Grey/Black/Blue/Red
110-120V 60Hz

Indeed, just the other day, we wished to buy a small roll of cheap
plastic bags. The box said "small plastic bags" - without any indication
of actual size. There were around half a dozen opened and/or resealed
boxes on the shelf. :-)

Does anybody else have the feeling that the stuff you buy in shops
actually costs approximately nothing, all you are paying for is the
cost of advertising, marketing and sales.

I first came to this conclusion years ago when I saw a pair of Chinese
copy mole grips in the £1.00 bin at the petrol station. It would cost
Ca. £10.00 for me to package and ship an item like that to the next
town

-and they had come from China.

Derek