Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

endymion wrote:

"Phil L" wrote in message
om...
endymion wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
ARWadworth wrote:
Has anyone else filled in one of these besides me?
I just tried out
http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/carboncalc/html/index.aspx

"How much water do you boil to make a single cup of tea?"

Full kettle - I have a half-litre (and a 1-litre, though I rarely use
that) mug, and I want to rinse and pre-heat it before filling. But I
don't rinse it under the hot tap.

Am I the only person in the world who does not make single cups of
tea? I make pots of tea . When I make a pot of tea it is so that
everyone can have some. I dont make tea for one.

So what if only one person wants a cup of tea? - you throw the rest
down the drain?

Well, there is only two of us, but that never happens. If I make one pot
of tea it will all get drunk. One pot of tea = two and a half mugs each
. I keep the tea pot warm with a cosy.
We are big tea drinkers ( no, I dont value being told about my lifestyle
and how we should be drinking water, thankyou.) . One pot is more
economical in fact for us. On boiling of the kettle.

Its all bollox. To reduce carbon footprint, make carbon expensive. Its
that simple,. People, when faced with huge bills, will naturally find
out 'what works' to reduce them.