Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Super-strength rust/iron remover needed

In article cc49ba84-9861-4fd0-abbe-5268657fad59
@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, says...
On Sep 14, 10:57=A0am, wrote:
snip

Oxiclean does not contain oxalic acid. =A0It is a percarbonate which
hydrolyzes when mixed with water to ultimately produce free oxygen.

You are right. OxiClean contains oxygen bleach

I bought some CLR, could not find anyone that sold any oxalic acid-
related products in our city, maybe it has been banned. Any ideas on
the HCl-based iron stain/rust/lime removers??

If all else fails, "Whink" has taken off every rust stain I've ever used
it on. But do read the label, it's basically thickened, dilute
hydrofluoric acid, and HF can do nasty things.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/