Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default ESR meter wonky

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

something about the "Blue" that you will find interesting, I'm sure.

Arfa-

I assembled the blue one a few months ago, and am quite pleased with it.
The only shortcoming I've found was that it won't measure 99 Ohms! I
tried calibrating it to that, but it always jumps to infinity.

Fred

I have a Blue as well as a Mk 1, but have never noticed / checked if it does
this. Normally, if measuring low resistance above an expected value of about
20 ohms or so, rather than ESR, I tend to use my conventional DMM, so I
can't say that I've really looked up at the limits of its display
capability. If I get time today, I'll stick a low-value pot across it, and
see where it 'bombs out'.

FWIW, I think that the Blue is a fine successor to the original BP / DSE Mk
1, and represents a very good value for money instrument, particularly if
you take advantage of the additional savings from building it yourself from
the kit.

Arfa