Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Den[_3_] Den[_3_] is offline

Default Cordless drill/tool that doesn't lockup when trigger released?

What are you tring to do? There are some reasonably priced geared
DC motors around and reversing is not a problem.

I'm ready to click on any links. DC motors with about the same
amount of power as a 14.4 V or greater cordless drill, and low
geared to about 400 rpm or less.

For a one off job verge shop a large office photocopier, most of the ones
I've stripped have had a great 12/24V gear motor in them. Alternately
someone like: http://www.oatleyelectronics.com/ but on your side of the
world could probably help.
For an ongoing source googling for local suppliers may be the solution.

Cordless drills/tools come in a nice neat package with a trigger
switch and a battery holder, for a reasonable price.

Thanks.

Yep, I use a couple of old cordless drills in rigs for repetitive tapping -
they work a treat and are cheap.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/