Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

"R D S" wrote in message

"ARWadworth" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone else filled in one of these besides me?

I just tried out
http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/carboncalc/html/index.aspx

Our 2 person household is 7.41 against a national average of 9.96 tonnes
per year.
Does that give me the right to walk around with my holier than thou nose
in the air?

I am still trying to work out how we use so much quite frankly according to
them. Two of us. I run a dishwasher when full - three times a week. Washing
machine once a week. I cook once a week and microwave the rest of it (
dinners that is). One meal a day for two people.

I havent got the heating on right now . I have one computer on about three
hours a day. One TV on about two hours a day ( or less week days - just to
watch the news). We dont go on holiday. Lights are only on in one room
at night . I do have a night light because I suffer from congestion ( post
pneumonia) and like to be able to get up without fumbling around in the
dark if I need to. The house is so sealed/insulated that it has rampant
condensation right now with the weather as it is! So much for insulation.

The only thing I have is a small car to go to work three times a week and
shopping on my way home. I cant use public transport, there is none and
anyway we dont go out that often.

Yet I am supposed to reduce my water heater ( reduce it anymore and it will
be cold!) Dry outside ( I do) put under floor heating in. ( no way that can
be achieved here) and run a smaller car ( I run a small car).

I think its fixed. I think they are saying the same for everyone.