Rich

Default Aerial brackets

Thanks all (apart from the suggestion of a £750 mast!).
I thought that may be the case. Why on earth do they sell these
things?
I have a Televes DAT 45 that ways about 2.5Kg. So i don't think i'll
risk it.

Can you use a wall mounted bracket on a chimney?
I have seen the 'chimney mounting kits' that wrap around the chimney
and provide a bracket for a mast.
The trouble for me is i only have a single roof ladder and do not want
to attempt to go round the whole chimney. (It's a terraced house so
the chimney is only accessable from the roof).

Does anyone have a rough figure for getting an aerial fitted to a
chimney, bareing in mind i have all the equipment needed
(aerial,cable,mast, connectors etc).
I know it will vary but £50, £100 £200?

The aerial has been in the attic for a while, but i have now got a
freeview box and cannot get all the channels without the aerial being
on the roof!

And the Rugby World Cup starts on friday!

Regards,

Rich

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On 7 Oct 2003 00:43:04 -0700, (Rich) wrote:

I have been trying to think of an alternative to going on the roof of
my house to sort the aerial out.

I have seen Aerial brackets at screwfix that allow you to connect it a
tiled roof;
http://tinyurl.com/pzmj

Has anyone used one of these?
Are they likely to just rip my tiles off?

I have a Velux window so makes this ideal for me.
Concrete tile roof by the way...

Regards,

Rich

Very unwise. TV antennas are a lot larger than they appear at a
distance (obvious really) and have quite a wind loading.

If you are in a strong signal area and can get away with a really
small antenna (say 9 element), then it might be OK, but probably not
worth the risk.

Wall brackets are a better option.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl