Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default Tapping into the drain

Hi,

In the following picture, you'll see a big drain pipe (case iron) with
two smaller 2" drain pipes going into it on the right:

http://freeboundaries.com/drain.jpg

I'm a DIYer and I would like to add another 2" drain pipe into the
main drain. I just moved my washer and dryer to a new location and
have a long PVC pipe going to the sink, which works but is totally
ugly. This drain is within 3 feet of the washer.

What's involved here? Is it doable for a DIYer? How much would I spend
on new tools, etc etc.

Many thanks in advance! I've gotten tremendous guidance on this
project in this group so far. Thank you.

Aaron