Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Mulcher Lawnmower: Bag does not catch Grass?

lbbss wrote:

I have a sears 6 hp lawnmower, for some reason when I cut the grass
the bag is empty of any grass. Other times it does fill up. I
admit I do often cut on a high setting, but it is still cutting off
plenty of grass, so I would expect to still see grass in my bag. Any
ideas? thanks.

Change the blade. On my honda there is a mulching blade and a "high
lift" blade. The mulcher mulches- and leaves the clippings in
place. . . the high lift blade cleans the lawn.

Unless you're using the clippings for mulch or in a compost pile it is
foolish to bag them. They are good for your lawn. Take the bag
off and enjoy.

Jim
[I bag mine- but I only mow my lawn when I need mulch for my
gardens.g]