Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Help with component identification

Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hello all, I am trying to replace this damaged component (
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/...e5251b53_m.jpg

). I'm
pretty sure it's a surface mount capacitor but I can't figure out
what
it's values are or where to get a replacement (digikey?). Can I

just
replace it with a standard radio-shack cap of the same

capacitance?
Thanks to anyone who can help!

Yes it's a surface mount electrolytic cap. Quite possibly 100uF,

16V.

Does that make sense in the circuit context ?

Graham

Another important question is 'how' is it damaged? Physically knocked
off the board? They can be re-installed if the pads are still OK. We
buy 100uF 16V SMT caps in reels of 1000 to work on Sony Digital
BetaCam machines. SMT 'lytics - from our viewpoint - are the worst
pieces of crap ever to hit the electronics industry. The failure rate
is astronomical - at least the ones in Panasonic and Sony. We use the
Panasonic 'FK' or 'HD' series as replacements.