Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Opinion AKA: LipStick On A Pig

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
SNIP

Energy consumption and global warming are directly related.
They are *correlated* and only along a fairly local/proximate
time line. *Causation* has never been established so far.
If you can do the latter, you'll win a Nobel.
I have offered to explain the causative link to you, so long as
we restrict the conversion to science, and conduct it in a
civil manner.
That offer still stands.

Why do you not have a Nobel then Fred?

That offer still stands.

Fred, if it were that simple or obvious, it would have been
demonstrated and verified by the scientific method long ago.
It's not that simple. Is there some reason to believe in
an anthropogenic contribution to warming? Possibly. But
it's not as cut and dried as you like. You want to take
a shot at making the case ... be my guest.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/