Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default Opinion AKA: LipStick On A Pig

On Sep 13, 10:02*am, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Drill baby drill was their solution.

There is no way for the USA to drill it's way out of this problem, it
is simply not going to happen.

Nonsense. *"Drill" is a metaphor for more than just drilling.

Sure. And half of the continental shelf is, and has been open
to drilling for years, and most of that is not being utilized.
I see no reason to believe that opening up the remaining half
would lead to more drilling. It would lead to more speculation
I suppose.

is the other major problem it has created, global warming.

You are entitled to your religious views but don't peddle them
as facts. *...

Energy consumption and global warming are directly related.

They are *correlated* and only along a fairly local/proximate
time line. **Causation* has never been established so far.
If you can do the latter, you'll win a Nobel.

I have offered to explain the causative link to you, so long as
we restrict the conversion to science, and conduct it in a
civil manner.

That offer still stands.

--

FF