Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The deal of a lifetime!! GLOAT!!!

"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote in message
. ..
A friend of my Dad's is moving after retiring and used to be a Mopar
buff...
He is moving to a retirement community and he was cleaning out his garage
and called me knowing I had a start-up engine company and wondered if I
could use a few engines and parts that he had to get rid of ASAP. He did
not know what was all there he simply said - "Get a box truck and bring
your engine hoist" I did.... Before we go in to the garage he said "just
take this, I don't want any money for it, you always did my oil changes
and kept the cars running."
We go into the garage and he GIVES me (And would not accept ay money at
all) three like new 426 HEMI engines complete. Carbs to pan! two Wedge
440's and three sets of Hemi heads boxes upon boxes of NOS Mopar Parts
still in the factory boxes - sprung and valved.... Needless to say I am
buying this guy a steak dinner and giving a lifetime of free work. He
refused a dime... He wanted them to have a "good home" They don't even
need paint! I'm going to detail them, go through them and re-bearing,re
seal, and clean em up and put them on stands on display in the shop.
Nicest guy in the world..... He was talking about wanting a Beretta
autoloading shotgun for this season so I got a copy of his FOID# (Perks
of being a former cop) and I'm picking one out today for him for
Christmas. I'm going to auction off his Super Bee for him and he is going
to **** when I get him at least 90k for the car, He wanted 6 grand for it
and I told him he was nuts and to just trust me and I'd sell the car for
him. 20k miles and it sat for years (He lost use of his legs from diabetes
years ago) it sat since 77 he said.

My ultimate gloat!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

Who do you think got more pleasure from the gift? You are probably the only
one to really know and appreciate his gift. He got the biggest kick knowing
you were floored!