Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Pictures from a flood today

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 09:44:54 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus10454 quickly quoth:

On 2008-09-14, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:31:40 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus22875 quickly quoth:

On 2008-09-14, DoN. Nichols wrote:

Taking your kids around to enjoy it?

I wanted them to get some sense of reality that they cannot get from
TV...

That's good.

The water was quite warm... We stayed away from any moving
water, at least when I was there with kids. Part of the plan was to
catch some fish that seems to come out of the river during flooding,
but none was found this time.

During most floods, sewers overflow and it's not good to be in the
water, let alone catching potentially tainted fish. You might want to
rethink your plan next time, Ig.

I did not think about it, but now that I do, this was a small flood
from small streams flowing into small river, doubtfully any sewage
lines were affected.

That's good. Be sure to mention it to your boys now that they've
played in potentially dirty water. Their reactions could be fun.
vbg

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.