Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

endymion wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
ARWadworth wrote:
Has anyone else filled in one of these besides me?
I just tried out
http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/carboncalc/html/index.aspx

"How much water do you boil to make a single cup of tea?"

Full kettle - I have a half-litre (and a 1-litre, though I rarely use
that) mug, and I want to rinse and pre-heat it before filling. But I
don't rinse it under the hot tap.

Am I the only person in the world who does not make single cups of
tea? I make pots of tea . When I make a pot of tea it is so that
everyone can have some. I dont make tea for one.

So what if only one person wants a cup of tea? - you throw the rest down the
drain?

I often do this when cooking food - I make enough to feed a dozen people,
just on the off-chance a coach party should drop by, and if they don't, I
eat it myself.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008