Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

"ARWadworth" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone else filled in one of these besides me?

I just tried out
http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/carboncalc/html/index.aspx

My report said

Well oddly enough mine said the same. We never go on holiday so never fly
and my car is a clio - so small is its middle name . The clobber me on my
home yet its double glazed, insulated to the hilt ( not underfloor
heating - not feasable) and still it seems I am above the national average
on usage ( and lets not count right now my faulty heaters which havent been
on for yonks so I have no heating in the house and am only using a few units
a day energy.

I use my dishwasher three times a week. I use my washing machine once a week
and my dryer only when I have to ( rarely). I have no appliances other than
a TV and a computer ( one of each which are off more than on.

Despite all of this my home ( 2 bed bungalow) comes out at above the
national average even though my appliances are using less than half the
national average according to them.

Its total ********. I have to save and bring my foot pront down to 7 tons
even though I am already below the national average by their own
calculations.

I am inclined to use a little more and tell them to boil their heads.

I cannot use public transport to get to work and back as I have a large
collection of tools, cables etc that I need for work. I think the bus
driver would complain if it took me 20 minutes to get on board the bus.
And buses do not have roof bars for my ladders.

Neither can I. There is no public transport where I live. I would have to
walk five miles to get to a bus or train with all my things every morning.
They are simply not being realisitic.
I suppose they want everyone to work from home at being a web designer so
they dont have to go out. is that it?

So all in all, Action CO2 calculator is a pile of crap IMHO.

yes absolutely.