Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default JCB 24v SDS - Review

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Not sure I'd be happy drilling lots of holes working off a ladder because of
the weight & relatively slow drilling speed - you would need arms like
Arnold S. 'Boxed weight' is 12kg.

'kin eck, I guessing the charger and the case only add at best a couple
of kg to that total?

Looks tacky though. Finished in the JCB orange/black but with a couple of
'chrome' trims at the side & top that make it look cheap.

Am I happy for a score? Yes. Would I be happy at £100+? I don't think so.

I wonder if cheap Chinese power tools are based on old or discontinued
European/American tools? Bit like when they sell off the rights & tooling
to make cars?

Not sure on tools. I can happen (last years Mak rebranded Site for
screwfix etc), but as a general rule I have not seen many obviously
rebranded ones. Most seem to stem from some locally "designed to a
price" reference design - hence why you see the same design cropping up
again and again from the various "makers".

--
Cheers,

John.