Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default JCB 24v SDS - Review

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...

I wonder if cheap Chinese power tools are based on old or discontinued
European/American tools? Bit like when they sell off the rights & tooling
to make cars?

That's certianly the case with the chinkie scooters, they just copy the
slightly older models, never mind about patents, copyright or owt, they dont
seem to care, give it a silly name based on the model they copied (we've got
a sukida, copy of a suzuki scoot)
they also build them out of the crappest materials they can find, the
welders seem to be untrained monkeys.

i imagine power tools are licenced, but they still use crappy materials, BUT
if the price is right, and your using them for home diy, who cares,

of course when your tools earn you money, it's false economy, but not
everyone has to buy tools that pay for them selves,