Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stained glass/leaded window repair

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Electrical solder won't work - you'll need some sort of bar solder (the
proper stuff is called blowpipe solder) and a large soldering iron.
Ideally use a tallow candle rubbed on the joint as flux, failing that
try some Bakers Fluid.

I've just used some ordinary lead electronic multicore (60/40) to repair a
split in lead sheet. Worked just fine using a small blowlamp and some
care. Experimented with lead free too - doesn't work, and neither did
plumbing solder as the lead melted first. I practised on some scraps
first.
Not the purist's way I'm sure but I wasn't going to buy a soldering iron
for just this task.

--
*Be more or less specific *

Dave Plowman London SW