Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Storage Heaters E7 ( me again)

"endymion" wrote in message

"ARWadworth" wrote in message
om...

"endymion" wrote in message

Bon't blame Maggie for this one. Your house is your house. Local electric
companies never worked for free in a house. The electric co (private or
public) have only ever supplied houses with an electric supply. What you
do with that supply is up to you.

I do blame Maggie. Not for my house being my house but because even though
its my house I could get an electrician if I paid for it from SWEB before
privateization ( and I did twice). Now I cant find one willing to come out
at all.

I suppose it depends where you live to an extent but I know there are
electricians but they simply dont want the kind of work we are talking
here. They want simple ( and big as I suppose) jobs - like re wire ( or
better still just plain wire) a whole house. Or maybe if you are lucky
put an extra socket in.

Anything else forget it! Its the same with carpenters and even plumbers
to be honest. You can get a decorator easily but a plasterer is a bit of
a job. They tend to be expensive and often no show or " terminators" -
all be back - b ut they never do come back.

Don't fret, now the government has started a recession there will be plenty
of out of work plumbers, brickies, electricians and every other trade
looking for jobs to prop up their benefits.

Anyway all your problem needs is a bit of common sense and some test kit.

Think about buying one of these
http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/pro...FRqH1Qod821FWg

Its a simplified clamp on meter that works out how much power you are using.
Then you can just turn stuff on and off until you find the problem.

You don't have to put the sensor around the meter tails, you can fit it
around any circuit if you want.