Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low Divided Kitchen Sinks & Cast Iron?????

On Sat 13 Sep 2008 09:00:17p, BobK207 told us...

On Sep 10, 8:30*am, mike wrote:
On Sep 9, 4:05*pm, BobK207 wrote:
.

Single sinks are too restrictive.

How do you figure? *If you don't have a divider, you have one huge,
open expanse of space to work with. *It's the opposite of
restrictive. *You just have to go to a shop that specializes in
plumbing fixtures to find huge single-basin sinks.

........How do you figure? .......

cuz' I've used all sorts of sinks (including large single basin)

and my opinion is "I don't like them"

you can only do one thing at a time with the single basin sinks

I prefer two large basins OR if space is a problem, a large & a small
one

When I said "restrictive" I meant "restricted" to a single use mode
at one time, single function (not multiple functions) at the one time.

If I want to scrap a plate or grind some waste......a single basin
tied up by wash water precludes that.

There is no way I'd go with a single large sink if it was the only
kitchen sink, no backup prep sink (like an island sink)

It's all preferential. I would gladly trade my deep double-bowl sink for a
deep single sink, with or without a garbage disposal unit. A large single
bowl suits my needs better.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 09(IX)/13(XIII)/08(MMVIII)